I'm going to gloss over the fact that I've been absent for awhile. Over a month, if I am correct. Oops. Unintentional, I promise. Life became that crazy but wonderful swirl of preparation and party that Christmas time engenders. We'll sorta catch up soon, I promise.
Until then, I needed to tell you about this sexy oatmeal creation I enjoyed a few mornings ago. Yes, oatmeal can be sexy. At least this oatmeal is. Inspired by Women's Health magazine's recent article on variations on your everyday oatmeal, I tried my own recipe.
1. Combine a packet of instant oatmeal (I love the Nature's Path brand) and milk in a microwave safe bowl. I added more milk than the instructions called for, but not too much because I didn't want soupy oatmeal. Just eyeball it.
2. Microwave according to packet's instructions
3. After microwaving, add more milk to get a thick soup/stew consistency. Add strawberry sauce (recipe below) and walnuts. Devour.
*Strawberry Sauce: in a saucepan, combine a package of frozen whole strawberries (or you can use fresh, trimmed of their leafy green tops), some orange juice, some lemon juice, some lemon zest, and a hearty pinch of tapioca pearls (for thickening). Bring to a boil for a minute or two, then turn off heat. Store in refrigerator and use on yogurt, ice cream (especially tasty with chocolate sauce!), or oatmeal. You can do this with nearly any fruit and juice combination....so use your imagination.
I apologize for the complete lack of photos...but I'm sincerely hoping to remedy that problem very, very soon. In which case I will make this oatmeal and show it to you in all of its delicious, sexy glory.
No comments:
Post a Comment