Our setup was a bit, uh, ghetto...but we were quite clever, if I do say so myself. The pantry shelf that recently collapsed under the weight of my ever-expanding spice collection provided a solid, flat base. Spreading a garbage bag kept our carpet safe and made tidying up incredibly simple.
We used the Pumpkin Masters kit, which made carving an awesome pumpkin so easy. When I've used this kit in the past, I must not have purchased the tool set with it, because I recall spending forever pricking the outline of my design with a push-pin. Oh, the misery!
With their handy carving tool kit, though, we conquered our pumpkins in about 2 hours from start to finish. We may have also been distracted by Hugh Jackman playing Wolverine on the television....
Thankfully, our pumpkins survived our inattentiveness and beer consumption to morph into beautiful works of art. I'm so proud!
| My roommate's pumpkin Doesn't he remind you of Bartok from the movie Anastasia? |
| My pumpkin Appropriate for an apartment inhabited by two science nerds |
Happy Halloween!
Um I am SUPER impressed by your pumpkins!! That Frankenstein is so detailed!!
ReplyDeleteSues
Thank you! All the credit goes to the stencils. And perhaps a bit to a large bottle of pumpkin beer, which gave me patience and sustenance to survive the carve-fest.
Delete"the pumpkins of apt. 6" would be the best sitcom title EVER. just saying...i would watch it.
ReplyDeleteyou are so good at carving pumpkins! and i see you used the Pumpkin Masters, as you said you would. next year i'll need you to come to my house mid-october so you can assist me in my own pumpkin carving; you obviously have it down.
Ha! It sounds like a great sitcom. I think I'd like to see it in stop-motion, a la Tim Burton classics. That way we could swap out the facial expressions. Alas, I do not have the patience or steady hand for that!
DeleteI'm down with Pumpkin Carving 2013. Alternately titled "Lottie snubs yet another perfectly good home"? (loved that post, by the way, I was cracking up!)