And in case you don't need any tricks, this cocktail is still an excellent way to relax and enjoy a winter's evening.
The Gold Rush
from Domaine de Canton
Makes 1 drink
Ingredients:
1.5 oz Domaine de Canton (ginger liquer)
1 oz. bourbon
0.5 oz. fresh lemon juice
Preparation:
Combine all three ingredients in a cocktail shaker and shake vigorously...or put them in a tall glass and stir vigorously. If you're feeling fancy, pour into a martini glass and garnish with a cherry.
Notes:
--This cocktail might be a bit too strong for some. I'd suggest you add quality ginger ale (like Reed's Ginger Brew) to taste.
--My bourbon of choice is Bulleit bourbon. It's smooth, an excellent value, and made in Kentucky, where they know a thing or two about bourbon. I'm looking forward to trying their rye bourbon soon.
Ashley: someday, me+ you + cocktails. For real. As i read this, i was going back and forth on whether to do a ginger-based cocktail i saw, because it sounds so good right now. This one had vodka in it rather than bourbon, but i feel like whatever the alcohol, ginger in a drink sounds wonderful.
ReplyDeleteBulleit bourbon always catches my eye at the store. I'm not a bourbon drinker, per se, but i like the bottle. It's good to know it's good inside as well as out. :)
Yes, yes, yes! You, me, cocktails, and probably snacks (because who are we kidding?)!
DeleteThe flavor of ginger has been demanding my attention, like it always does during the winter months. There's something irresistible about it's spicy warmth. As for ginger liquor, I've loved every drink I've made from the little booklet attached to my bottle of Domaine de Canton, including this potent potable. I'd strongly recommend it. And/or making ginger simple syrup, which could go into cocktails or glaze a cake or quickbread.
I must confess I am not much of a bourbon by itself drinker. Or any liquor by itself, for that matter. Bulleit was recommended to me by a good friend who knows his stuff. He promised Bulleit was very drinkable and a fantastic bargain for its price. I'd have to agree. Bulleit is also very friendly with all sorts of baked goods, since I used most of my first bottle solely in the kitchen!
I don't think I've ever had ginger liqueur! I'm starting to like bourbon more, so I think I will like this :) Happy New Year!
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year to you too!
DeleteAs a ginger liquor, I'm smitten with Domaine de Canton. I bet there is a bar nearby in your marvelous Boston that has a bottle and a bartender who knows what to do. Hopefully you love it as much as I do!