Captain's Log.
1 December 2010
Yet another day trapped in this room. All the views are familiar. The long window out of which I can see a tiny slice of grass, some steps, the corner of a road and the front of another building. The high windows, where I can only see the very top of a radio or cell phone tower and sometimes the white smoke billowing out of some plant near main campus. The white board inside the room, with its two drawings. I can't figure out what one of them is, but the other seems to be a sketch of a cholesterol molecule. Out of the corner of my eye, I can see people coming and going all day long. Occasionally I hear the ding of the elevator arriving or the boom of a door closing.
I'm stuck here until I finish writing this paper. I've spent over 60 hours on it to date, and it's close to halfway done. But I'm behind where I need to be. If I have any hope of having people proofread it and me correcting it, I have to finish the paper tonight. Considering how slowly I've been writing, it just doesn't seem possible. But I desperately need others to read it and to fix it. I just don't know what I'm doing and I don't trust my abilities in this arena. I've been wrong too many times in the past.
I. Must. Get. Out. Of. Here.
Es--cop--ehhh?
That's funny, it's spelled a lot like the word Escape.
Dammit, back to writing.
(please note, I know this was overly dramatic, I wrote it in persona, if you will. I am, however, sick of writing. That fact is true.)
hahaha this made me laugh really hard. You're too funny. I hope you finish SOON :)
ReplyDelete