Friday, June 15, 2012

Friday Cheer! Chambord French Martini

Awhile back, I purchased a bottle of Chambord for a recipe.  It's a black raspberry liquor produced by the French, and I love the deeply rich berry flavor in both drinks and desserts.  I adore the unique bottle - squat, round, dark, and with an opulent gold and "gem" encrusted top.  I want to make it a showpiece on my bar. Except I don't really have a bar.  (My liquor cabinet is the bottom of my closet, just like it was in college, thanks to the teensy size of my apartment.)  I even say the name in my horrendous French accent - "shhhhaaam-bouuurrrrdddduhhh".  As you can see, I'm attached to my Chambord.

www.chambordonline.com

I have neglected my lovely Chambord bottle for too long.  I dug it out of the depths of my closet classy liquor cabinet and debated what to make.  Something refreshing, since it's quite warm in our apartment despite our multi-faceted efforts at keeping it cool which involve no less than 5 fans.  Something for which I had all the ingredients in house, since I wanted my drink immediately. Something to let the Chambord shine.

Pineapple juice
Buckeye vodka (Ohio pride!)
Chambord black raspberry liquor


Chambord French Martini
Makes 1 drink
1.5 oz vodka
0.5 oz Chambord liquor
2 oz pineapple juice

Shake all ingredients with ice and serve.
Or, if you're employing plastic ice cubes, stir to mix in a glass, add plastic ice cubes, and serve.

Sorry, no martini glasses!
Just pints.
I'll work on that, I promise...


Happy Friday!

I hope your weekend involves sunshine and relaxation!

No comments:

Post a Comment