Friday, June 1, 2012

Friday Cheer! ~ Limoncello Fizz

For the last 2 weeks, every morning begins with gorgeous golden sunlight streaming through my window and into my room.  Well, it's not so much streaming as stampeding in and through my closed eyelids...but I'll forgive sunshine.  After all, I long for it the rest of the year. So I'm grateful and thrilled it has finally arrived for good.  Hello, Summer!

In honor of summer days, I wanted to make a simple cocktail that felt like summer.  That was a breeze to make, so you could just throw it together and relax on the patio.  Or, in my case, the couch...with at least 2 fans turned toward me at all times.  In case you hadn't picked up on it, my tiny apartment gets quite roasty in the summer.  I like to think of it as acclimating me to heat and humidity.

Though the seltzer dilutes the gorgeous electric yellow
color of limoncello, I promise the lemon taste will still shine through.

Anyway, back to this drink.  I call it the Limoncello Fizz and there are only 2 ingredients! Three, if you count ice.  So get on it!

Limoncello Fizz

3 oz. limoncello liquor
Seltzer water to taste (I added about 6 oz. because I wanted the sweet lemon flavor of the liquor to remain)

Combine ingredients with ice in a glass. Stir and enjoy!

Limoncello is an intense and slightly sweet lemon liquor
from Italy, where it is often served in a small glass
after meals as a digestif.
Notes:
If you don't taste the limoncello, either add more (I'd suggest 1 oz. increments) or add some lemon juice.  Or just drink the limoncello straight, which is quite tasty as well.

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment