Thursday, May 17, 2012

Maple - Bacon Oatmeal

Inspired by a brief article in a magazine read months ago (sheesh, time, what happened?), I decided on a whim this morning to give a new oatmeal concoction a test spin.  And, oh man, was it good.  It was good because not only was it a change from the typical bowl of oatmeal I've been consuming lately, but it was such a delicious combination of flavors.  I'll most definitely be revisiting this combo soon.

Directions:

  • Put one packet of instant oatmeal into a microwave safe bowl (I'm partial to Nature's Path brand)
  • Add milk (or soy or coconut milk) and or water to the bowl.  Add the amount you want to get your desired consistency. I like my oats thicker, more like porridge, so I add enough to cover and just a bit extra.
  • Add a spoonful of nut butter and stir to dissolve as much as possible
  • Microwave according to packet's directions
  • After your oats are cooked, stir to mix. Then add in the goodness:  a hefty dose of dark amber maple syrup, a small handful of slivered almonds, a solid pinch of chia seeds and cocoa nibs, and - wait for it! - two to three strips of cooked bacon, torn into smaller pieces.
  • Stir again and devour

It's almost Friday. Hang in there!

No comments:

Post a Comment