It's Friday. It's summer. It's oppressively hot out there, at least in my part of Ohio.
This calls for a refreshing beer.
What's this? Abita Strawberry Lager?
Why, yes, I'll have one of those. Please.
Abita's Strawberry Lager is a crisp golden lager with strawberry juice added after filtration. It doesn't have a strong, distinct taste of sweet, juicy strawberries, but there is a pleasant sweetness added to the lager's taste and aroma. Happily, this brew remains well-balanced between sweet and dry despite the addition of the strawberry juice. Because it's real juice, there isn't any of that odd artificial fruit flavor that I've noticed in some other fruit beers. Thank goodness, because at 4.2% alcohol by volume, this lager is perfect on a hot summer's day.
On my to-do list with Abita's Strawberry Lager are two recipes from my favorite inspiration for cooking with beer, The Beeroness. I think this berry flavored brew would be perfect for her Beer Popsicles, and, though it's a bit more of a stretch to use lager in it, her Strawberry Beer Lemonade. I'll report back with my take on these treats...if I don't run out of Abita first. It's that hot here.
Happy Friday!
Happy Friday!
No comments:
Post a Comment