I had pink oatmeal today. Pink, because the raspberries tinted the almond milk a pale and lovely pink. Don't worry, there was chocolate and coconut in there too. I made it for breakfast. All I can say is...incredible! It'll make you finish the entire bowl of oatmeal, which is not typical for me.
Oatmeal of A Different Color
Ingredients:
1 package of instant oatmeal (I prefer Nature's Path brand)
Almond milk (add enough to get the consistency of oatmeal you love)
Handful of raspberries
1 tbsp. walnuts, broken into pieces
1 tbsp. chia seeds
1 1/2 tsp. cocoa nibs
1 tbsp. shredded coconut
1 tbsp. semisweet chocolate chips
Preparation:
Combine oatmeal packet and almond milk in a bowl. Microwave as the packet instructs.
Add remaining ingredients and stir well, so the chocolate chips begin to melt into the oatmeal.
*I like to use frozen raspberries, because they're always in season and because I enjoy the texture and chill of a frozen raspberry. If you use frozen raspberries, microwave the oatmeal for half the time listed on the packet...then add in the raspberries and microwave for the remaining time. The frozen raspberry will be thawed just enough to enjoy while still providing a chilled and firm texture.
No comments:
Post a Comment