Friday, September 28, 2012

Friday Cheer! Ginger Mojito & Ginger Margarita

There's something addictive about the spicy-sweet taste of ginger.  It works in brilliantly flavorful curries as well as richly dark and moist gingerbread.  I can happily chew on candied ginger as I can slurp down a bottle of Reed's Extra Strength Ginger Brew.  Ginger is a distinctive taste I just can't seem to enjoy enough.

Domaine de Canton is a ginger liquor produced in France.  It has the spicy-sweet taste of ginger I love, and a bottle design that's stunning.  Yes, I admit, it was the bottle that drew me in at first.  Then the thought of ginger in my cocktails.  The clincher was flipping through the miniature recipe booklet bound to the top of the bottle.  Yup, this one was coming home to meet the rest of my liquor closet cabinet.

Both the Ginger Mojito and Ginger Margarita from Domaine de Canton's recipe booklet were refreshing and marvelously out of the norm.  Give it a try if you're looking to mix up your usual drink. Cheers!


Ginger Mojito
From Domaine de Canton's recipe booklet
Makes 1 drink



Ingredients:
2 oz. Domaine de Canton
1/2 oz. white rum
3 lime wedges
mint
Club soda or seltzer water, to taste

Preparation:
Muddle the lime wedges and mint in a glass, until the mint is lightly bruised (and not crushed). Add the Domaine de Canton, white rum, and club soda/seltzer water.



To prevent completely crushing the mint, I muddled my limes
before adding the mind and muddling a bit more.




If you're like me, you're frequently disappointed by margaritas in restaurants or purchased pre-mixed in a bottle.  Sour mix, especially overly-sweetened sour mix, just hurts my stomach and ruins my appetite for food.  This Ginger Margarita was light yet flavorful, perfect for a pre- or post-dinner drink.

Ginger Margarita
From Domaine de Canton's recipe booklet
Makes 1 drink



Ingredients:
1 oz. Domaine de Canton
1 oz. silver 100% agave tequila
1/2 oz. triple sec
1/2 oz. fresh lime juice

Preparation:
Combine all the ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake and strain into a glass.


Happy Friday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment